Home Forums Grow Room Design/Setup My Grow Room Setup

Tags: 

10 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Anonymous 8 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Author

Chris
    Keymaster
    @WhiteWidow

I am using a 8×4 Cedar Closet with Mylar staples to the inside. I am running a Hydroponic system with a 300 watt LED light and using General Hydroponics nutrient system.

Anonymous @

Are you growing from seeds? Do you plan to cut clones? How big are your plants?

Chris
    Keymaster
    @WhiteWidow

Yes, Most of my plants are from seeds, I have cloned two of them over the past year. I do plan to clone more because it cuts about 2-3 weeks from the cycle. I have grown a few different plant but most of them reach about 4.5 – 5 ft in height.

How about you. Do you have a grow room or have any grows going on?

Anonymous @

I used to hobby grow years ago but stopped because it was so risky. Looking to get back into it. So much fun. I used to have two 3×3 closets with 400 watt metal halide and a clone chamber with a few fluorescent lights in a dresser. All hydroponic.

I had better luck growing smaller plants. When the plants got big, there wasn’t enough high intensity light to make them finish.

I got about 3oz of killer buds every 30 days.

Is this your forum? I’d love to get my email address out from under my posts. I looked around but can’t seem to figure it out.

Anonymous @

Re: Big plants… The tops finished fine but there was quite a bit of buds that were below grade

Chris
      Keymaster
      @WhiteWidow

Yes it is my forum. I am slowly building it out to be an online community. hopfully I can add video training and blog articles too. Your email should not be showing now. Let me know if there are any other things I an build into the site so it is easy to use.

Chris
    Keymaster
    @WhiteWidow

I use Hydroponics for my plants with General Hydroponics nutrient system. I have pruned a few different ways and find the same issue when the plants get too tall they produce smaller low quality buds below the canopy.

Chris
    Keymaster
    @WhiteWidow

Have you used a Lux Meter to determien the depth the light penetrates the canopy. Then you can remove the buds below and get the nutrients going to the optimum depth of canopy.

Anonymous @

I never used a meter but it drops off by inverse square of distance.

The intensity of light radiating from a point source is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source; so an object twice as far away, receives only one-quarter the energy.

Distance is bad. High quality buds require high intensity light.

In a tray I cut 50 pencil-sized clones about 3 inches apart 5 x 10. Wait three weeks then I’d put them under the high intensity light. After a few days switch to 12 hour light cycle. Around 60 days later harvest.

I found this to be the least time consuming, most high quality yield method of hobby growing.

Chris
      Keymaster
      @WhiteWidow

Sounds like you know your stuff.

Anonymous @

I made some serious mistakes then I got it consistent for a few years. With the new laws dictating a max 12 plants probably means more time pruning / tying the plants to grow horizontally. Also the restriction of only one chamber in bloom is a downer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.